Report Concern to City

Report a Concern to City of San Marcos, CA

The City of San Marcos has launched a new “Report a Concern” tool that will help route your non-emergency and non-law related concern to the best city department to respond to your concern. For all crime and safety concerns, we still advise you to contact the local Sheriff at 911 (emergencies) and (858) 565-5200 (non-emergencies). More info.

If you need assistance, please call (760) 744-1050 Monday through Friday between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm. City Hall is closed alternating Fridays.

Example concerns that you can report to the City with their new online tool:

  • Animal Complaints
  • Building Related
  • Business License
  • Capital Improvment Project Status
  • City Construction Project
  • Code Complaint
  • Dead Weeds/Grass
  • Drainage Complaint
  • Engineering Standars & Information
  • Fire Hydrants
  • Flood Plain/FEMA
  • General Questions
  • Graffiti
  • Housing
  • Park & Landscape Maintenance
  • Parks/Recreational Activities (Read Here First: San Marcos Park Reservations, Rules & Events)
  • Permits
  • Public Works General Information
  • Sign Question
  • Smoke Detector
  • Solid Waste/Recycling (You can also contact EDCO San Marcos)
  • Storm Water
  • Street Debris
  • Street Light
  • Traffic & Safety Questions
  • Traffic Signals & Signage
  • Unpermitted Grading/Site Work/Stockpile
  • Zoning/Planning